Juliette Hogan is committed to a continued evolution and improvement of our packaging solutions with environmental responsibility in mind.
As more of our clients choose to shop with us online, it is increasingly important to find the best sustainable packaging solutions possible.
We currently send our online orders in compostable courier bags. While these are a promising option, we recognise that they don't always end up in the correct composting environment, instead going to landfill where they are unable to break down.
With this in mind we are currently exploring alternative options:
- Recycled plastic courier bags: while a more eco friendly option than virgin plastic bags, there are also issues with their end of life. Currently the soft plastic recycling schemes in NZ are struggling with the large volume of soft plastics from NZ households. With this in mind we don't believe that using a plastic mailer (recycled or not) is the best option.
- Coated Paper Mailer: We are currently trialling a 100% compostable paper mailer with particular focus on its durability. Should this prove a suitable option we will be rolling this out as soon as possible.
In terms of our other packaging elements we are proud to say that we use:
- Recyclable garment swing tags made from FSC certified 100% recycled paper
- 70% recycled content unbleached tissue paper printed with water based ink
- Postcards are made with ECF (Elemental Chlorine Free) FSC® Certified pulp from Responsible Sources
At Juliette Hogan, we care about our people and we want to help in every way possible. If you couldn’t find the information you were looking for, please reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help.