Spot Cleaning is perfect for removing small marks and stains when you don’t want to put the whole garment through a wash. Before spot cleaning, check the garment care label to ensure that it can be spot cleaned and ensure that the garment will not watermark.
Tips for spot cleaning:
- We recommend using Sard or Sunlight soap bars to target the areas that need cleaning.
- Get a good lather going on the area.
- Rinse the area and remove soap residue. Repeat as needed.
- Dry per garment instructions.
- Take care not to over-rub the area to avoid the risk of damaging the fabric.
Tips for stains:
- For silks, or dry clean only items, it is best to take the item to the dry cleaner as soon as you can.
- If this can’t happen, we recommend lightly trying to remove the stain to prevent it from setting in. The faster you act on stains after it has happened, the more likely you are to remove them.
- For oily marks, using a gentle dishwashing liquid works best.
- For deodorant or makeup scuffs, gently rub the area with a crunchy towel or clean sock, this works especially well on our triacetate suiting or polyester crepes.
- If the stain does not budge, we recommend cleaning the entire garment as per the care label instructions.
DISCOVER SPECIFIC FABRIC INFORMATION & CARE HERE >
At Juliette Hogan we care about our people and we want to help in every way possible. If you couldn’t find the information you were looking for, please reach out to the team at email@example.com. We are here to help.